NRCDES Mission Statement
You are built upon the foundations of the apostles and prophets,
and Christ Jesus himself is the cornerstone.
(Ephesians 2: 20)
To work on behalf of our Bishop to support and challenge all Catholic schools within the Diocese of Nottingham, by enabling them to nurture a Gospel-driven educational environment for all children, staff, governors and directors.
Our mission is to support and empower our schools to place Christ at the centre of all that they do.
Our Aims are:
- the future of Catholic education in our diocese by working to support staff and governors / directors in a constantly changing educational environment;
- the Catholic faith, enabling all children to grow up in the light of the Gospel, learning how to love and giving them opportunities to experience the love of Jesus Christ in their lives;
- the strong relationships that exist between the NRCDES, parishes and schools within the Diocese of Nottingham.
- high quality Religious Catholic Life, Collective Worship, Religious Education and Chaplaincy in our schools through a highly effective advisory and support service;
- the quality and standard of Catholic education through a rigorous and challenging Diocesan Canonical Inspection framework;
- the highest standard of provision with respect to training and professional development for all staff and ongoing formation of leaders in our schools.
- the quality of Catholic education through the strategic monitoring of educational standards and responding to needs relating to school improvement;
- a culture in which there exists a shared understanding of excellence within Catholic education and that this serves as an inspiration for all;
- high quality leadership at all levels within our schools through promoting and supporting the development and dissemination of excellent practice and thereby ensuring the continued formation and provision of future leaders of Catholic education.